Wednesday, December 16, 2009

salt dough message ornaments

Every year I make salt dough ornaments with my girls. It is such a fun and inexpensive way to add to your collection of ornaments. This year as we were rolling out the dough I had a fun little idea. I am sure many of you have seen the sterling silver message necklaces and washer necklaces that are everywhere...well...this is me bringing that trend to my Christmas tree.

All you need is:

salt dough recipe
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
mix together until dough forms and then knead for 7 - 10 minutes
alphabet rubber stamps
circle cookie cutter
ribbon

Once dough is prepared roll out flat and use circle cookie cutter. After you have your circles, take your rubber stamps and press into cut dough. Make a small hole in cut circles (to string through ribbon). Once you have finished place message circles on an ungreased cookie sheet and cook for 2 hours at 250degrees. Remove from oven and allow message circles to cool completely. Once cooled, you can decorate with different paints, pens, glitters etc. or leave as is. String through ribbon and enjoy these fun holiday messages on your Christmas tree.



Linking this up to: A Soft Place to Land

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I just found your blog through a pinterest link. I love your ornaments. Would you mind telling me where you found your stamps? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your blog through munchinwithmunchkin.com
    Thank you for this post. I look forward to making my ornaments over the holidays.

    www.feathersandgracie.com
    www.feathersandgracie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from Munchkin with Munchkin too. I just LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know this is such a delay post, but I am putting this on my list of to dos for this year. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin